Who’s looking to celebrate St. Patty’s Day this year with some delicious “Irish” dishes, “green” drinks AND feel-good Irish-East Coast-Celtic live music?
If that’s YOU, then you might want to make Coco Jarry’s & The Thirsty Parrot a place to stop during the week of St. Patrick’s Day. Here’s a little taste of what we have planned…
The 2 Paddy’s are a popular duo here in the Ottawa Valley. We’ve welcomed them here at Coco’s in the past and we’re excited to have them
back this year!
Their Irish music contains more of a classic Celtic flair with tunes, ballads and the usual Irish classics. For more information about The 2 Paddy’s,
check out our event page for their show.
Saturday, March 14, 2015: Riverthieves featuring Meghan Patrick. The Riverthieves are an Eastern Ontario band rooted in Canadian folk,
East Coast and Celtic music. Meghan Patrick is a local gal who’s been playing with the Riverthieves periodically over the last five years.
This year we are proud to present the three original members of the Riverthieves, Matt Dickson on drums and Meghan Patrick on fiddle for
your enjoyment. For more information on Saturday’s performers, read their bios on our event page.
They say everyone is Irish on St. Pat’s Day. Well, not that you have to, but to go along with the Irish music and theme we’re offering a variety of
“green” alcoholic beverages to enjoy!
While we’ll have a menu for you to choose from, here are a few teasers to whet your appetite:
- Irish Caramel Kiss Coffee (caramel vodka & bailey’s with coffee)
- Stout Beer (Guinness & Whitewater’s Oatmeal blend)
- 1 liter of Steamwhistle in a leprechaun boot (last year’s boot is pictured above, click on this link to see this year’s ceramic version!)
- Lucky Charm cocktail (cointreau, blue curacao & orange juice)
- Dirty Irishman martini (1.5 oz bailey’s & Irish whiskey)
- Irish Flag shooter (green creme de menthe, bailey’s & grand marnier, layered – see photo above)
Who can possibly enjoy live entertainment, delicious beer and cocktails and NOT have food? Now on St. Pat’s Day, since everyone is Irish, try some Irish-type food!
Here are a couple of teasers for you (for the full Irish menu, come in and see for yourself!):
- Potato Chowder: hearty pieces of carrots, celery, onions and potato, in a creamy seasoned broth. Served with a warm garlic, ciabatta bun.
- Corned Beef Flat Bread: shaved corned beef with marinated red onion, tomato, potato, Swiss cheese andvgrain mustard on grilled flat bread. Served with fresh-cut fries.
If you’re in the mood for St. Patty’s Day, come and celebrate it with us ALL week long! We’ll be starting the drink specials anytime NOW, the Irish meal specials on Thursday, March 12th, both of which will be running until the BIG day on March 17th.